OncoHost is a technology company headquartered in Binyamina, Israel, and Cary, North Carolina, transforming the approach to precision medicine for improved patient outcomes. Our proprietary platform, PROphet®, is a plasma-based proteomic pattern analysis tool whose initial offering in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) uses a single blood sample to guide first-line immunotherapy decision-making.
Our liquid biopsy test predicts treatment efficacy in cancer patients and identifies potential causes for the development of resistance to therapy. Our CLIA-certified laboratory in Cary is the hub of our high-complexity testing service. We are looking for a lab technologist who will be responsible for specimen processing, test performance, and reporting test results.
- Specimen handling and processing, test performance and analyses, and reporting and maintaining records of patient test results, all according to the approved procedures.
- Following the lab’s pre-analytic and analytic procedures and maintaining testing records.
- Maintaining records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhering to the lab’s quality assurance procedures, including documenting all:
- Quality control activities
- Instrument and equipment verifications
- Instrument and procedural calibrations
- Maintenance and preventive maintenance
- Following the lab’s policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the lab’s established performance specifications.
- Identifying and documenting issues that may adversely affect test performance and notifying the supervisor director.
- Documenting all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the lab’s established performance specifications.
Skills & Qualifications
- An associate degree in laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution
- At least 2 years experience as a testing personnel in a laboratory performing high-complexity tests
- Laboratory experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, proteins, or immunology techniques
- Experience in high-complexity automated assays – an advantage
- Knowledge of the Agilent Microarray Scanner – an advantage
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Enthusiastic and motivated
The work is performed in a clinical laboratory according to the guidelines of CFR2020-42, Part 493.